HAMPTON COURT HOUSE WEDDINGS: ROMANTIC, UNIQUE & ICONIC
Thinking of getting married at Hampton Court House?
Maybe you’re wondering if it’s the right wedding venue for you? In this blog post you’ll find everything you need to know about Hampton Court House weddings.
Hi, I’m Manon – documentary wedding photographer in London and Surrey.
I create intimate wedding photographs filled with emotion for couples who follow their hearts. I’m here to share my expertise to help you plan the magical wedding you deserve.
About the Venue –
Hampton Court House is one of the most romantic and iconic wedding venues in Surrey. Just South of London, across the road from Hampton Court Palace, it’s surrounded by eight acres of magical gardens, perfect for the dreamiest wedding and the best wedding photos.
This Georgian mansion which overlooks one of the most secluded Royal Parks, with its heart-shaped lake and a decorated shell grotto, has hosted many moonlit parties throughout its existence. Your wedding could be one of them!
Expect a beautiful ceremony room, gorgeous interiors, fantastic grounds for the best wedding photos, a tropical lush garden, a sunlit conservatory and a flexible and friendly team.
Everything you need to know about Hampton Court House Weddings –
Phone Number: 020 8614 0860
Address: Hampton Court House, Hampton Ct Rd, East Molesey KT8 9BS
How to get there: Only 7 miles from Heathrow and 15 miles from the centre of London. The nearest station is Hampton Court which has direct trains from London Waterloo but you can choose to get there by car, boat or helicopter if you prefer!
Quick facts and pros of Hampton Court House weddings –
- Exclusive use
- Sanctioned for civil ceremonies
- Pet friendly
- On-site parking
- Countless photo opportunities
- Beautiful gardens
- Flexible and friendly service
- Choice of indoor and outdoor spaces
Hampton Court House weddings: prices and capacity –
• The Grand Hall – This space overlooking Bushy Park is licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 150 guests but can also be dressed to be the perfect space for more intimate ceremonies.
• The Victorian Picture Gallery – With its grand 10m high ceilings, this room is a magnificent setting to share a meal with your guests and it can hold up to 150 people.
• The Conservatory – This gorgeous space can seat up to 80 guests for a sumptuous wedding meal or be the perfect setting to start the party.
• The Shell Grott & Gardens – A romantic micro wedding setting, the intimate grotto is available for private dining for groups of up to 10 people.
How to get married at Hampton Court House –
If you’d like to get married at Hampton Court House then the first step is to get in touch to book a venue visit. Whether you’re planning a big celebration with all your family and friends or an intimate micro wedding, this Surrey venue has spaces to suit both. You could start with an intimate ceremony with your nearest and dearest followed by an unforgettable evening party.
Because it’s so close to London it will be a breeze to get there but your wedding guests will feel like they’ve landed in a magical fairytale land.
Hampton Court House wedding ceremonies –
Since Hampton Court House is licensed for civil ceremonies you can choose to hold your legal wedding ceremony there. For this, you will need to contact the Registry Office directly to book a registrar for your wedding date.
If you’d like to have more flexibility around timings, the ceremony setting and the ceremony itself, then I’d suggest doing the legal ceremony on a separate day and hold a symbolic ceremony on your wedding day instead.
Your wedding day will be wonderfully busy and filled with people who love you which seems to make the day go in the blink of an eye. Having your legal ceremony on a separate day has the advantage of allowing you to be fully present and drink it all in.
I’m a big advocate of having an intimate legal ceremony prior to your wedding day but only you two can know if this is right for you. Your wedding, your way!
Are you after a relaxed and creative wedding photographer who will capture who you are and the moments that matter most in a natural, effortless way?
The best wedding photos at Hampton Court House –
As with anything artistic, my main advice when it comes to your wedding photos at Hampton Court House, is to choose a photographer you trust and whose work you love. If you book a great wedding photographer all you have to do is trust them and they will create the beautiful and unique wedding photos you deserve.
Time passes faster than you think and your wedding day goes by in a blur. I believe that you deserve photos that capture who you are, the emotions and your love story in a truthful, effortless way so that you never forget your wedding or the way you felt.
Weddings are a collection of moments that represent your life together and all the days that have led you here. They’re a celebration of love, friendship and all the values that are important to you. Your love is unique and I believe that you deserve meaningful wedding photos that honour your story and capture who you are.
The Answer Is Simple: to get beautiful, natural wedding photos you need a photographer who cares and who will take the time to get to know you BEFORE your wedding. It’s my job to create a space where you feel comfortable and you can be yourselves, unapologetically. This is why I exclusively photograph 20 weddings per year. Due to my limited availability, I recommend you get in touch early to avoid disappointment.
Between the lavish interiors, lush gardens and the Shell Grotto Hampton Court House has no shortage of jaw drawing backgrounds for your wedding photos so you really don’t need to worry.
Tips to get the best wedding photos –
Here are some of the things I discuss with my couples ahead of their wedding day to create the best wedding photos:
- The light sets the vibe, on the photos and for your guests. Depending on the time of day the light will be completely different which will, in turn, make your wedding photos look completely different. It’s a good idea to set aside 15 to 20 minutes around golden hour so that we can create beautiful, intimate couple portraits. This will not only give your photos a softer light but at this point of your wedding day you’re likely to be more relaxed which will show on your photos.
- Allowing yourself enough time for photos is crucial. This is true for couple portraits, family photos and every activity of your wedding day, actually. The best way of creating natural, emotive wedding photos is having a relaxed wedding day. The best way of having a relaxed wedding day is making intentional choices with your timeline rather than trying to do too many things. Your wedding photos will forever be attached to the way you felt so if you were stressed, running late or anxious, not only will it show on the photos but those are also the feeling that will come up when you look at them.
- Most of my couples’ favourite wedding photos are those candid in-between moments I captured on the fly. A heartfelt hug with a friend, a parent holding their hand before the ceremony or uncontrollable laughter during reception drinks. For this to happen, you need to give yourself time to mingle with your guests and spend time with them. If having a hundred posed family photos is important to you than by all means, go for it. Just bear in mind that it might take time away from those genuine, authentic moments you could be having instead.
- Don’t give your photographer a shot list. Trying to recreate inspiration images from Pinterest can hinder your photographer’s creativity but most importantly, those are someone else’s memories. Your wedding day is uniquely yours so you should focus on creating your own memories rather than recreating someone else’s.
To avoid being disappointed with your wedding photos download my free pdf guide “How To Choose Your Wedding Photographer” right here.
For more wedding tips & inspiration delivered straight to your inbox, just sign up to my mailing list. No spamming, pinky swear!
NEED SOME HELP
PLANNING YOUR WEDDING?
Hi, I'm Manon - documentary wedding photographer capturing love stories in Brighton, London and destination weddings worldwide.
Drop me an email:
Give me a call:
+44 (0) 7518 626862